Poliquin Live

Ten Shocking Facts about America’s Health & Diet.

Thursday, February 24, 2011 4:30 PM
1.    There in the US, right now, 72 million obese people. I repeat obese, not overweight. Basically the combined population of Australia and Canada.

2.    In 2010, one American out of ten is diabetic. In 40 years, it will have climbed to three out of ten. Thanks to the cereal, low-fat eating propaganda endorsed by the U.S. government. When you think about it, Ancel Keys was more sneaky than Stalin and Hitler as a mass murderer. Through is “rearranged” data, he manages to get the medical community to endorse his propaganda. You may want to read this for your own well-being and education.

3.    The average American eats 200 grams of sugar per day. So basically a cup a day. Their body often does not show it, however, by age 30 they are paying the price by manifesting insulin resistance.

4.    Baskin Robbin’s Large Heath Bar Shake –   Yahoo! Health, ranked it the unhealthiest drink in all of America. It contains a whopping 2,310 calories, 266 grams of sugar and 108 grams of fat!

5.    In the United States, pesticides laden, genetically modified (GMO) soybeans, are known to be of the leading causes of downstream pollution which severely damaged marine life all the way from the start of  Mississipi river to the so-called “dead zone” of the Gulf of Mexico.

6.     When you eat non-organic grapes and its subproducts like juice and jellies, you are consuming an extremely toxic pesticide called sulfuryl fluoride. If you can bear it, read this.

7.    If you eat non-organic apples and their by products, you are most likely consuming Thiabendazole. Read this to learn more on its wonderful effects in your body:

8.    The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) estimates that the average American diet contains about 5.8 grams of trans fat daily. University of Maryland researched Dr Mary Enig demonstrated in 1978 that the increased cancer rates were directly associated with total fat intake and vegetable fat intake but not with consumption of animal fat. I strongly recommend you read her book: Know Your Fats : The Complete Primer for Understanding the Nutrition of Fats, Oils and Cholesterol.

9.    As early as 1934, a German pediatrician who had emigrated to America, Dr. Hilde Bruch was startled of how fat Americans were. That was two decades before the introduction of Kentucky Fried Chicken and McDonald’s to the American lifestyle

10.    Protein only represents a mere 11% of the calories that Americans consume. Does not take a math genius to figure out that the other 89% come from fat and carbohydrates.



Copyright ©2011 Charles Poliquin




Join Our Email List Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow us on YouTube Follow us on Instagram